Welcome to Jumia’s Help & Support pageHere you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions and tips on how to sell & buy items fast and safely.
Tips to stay safe while buying on Jumia
- Meet the seller in a public place that you are familiar with
- Don’t pay for anything before checking the quality of the product you are buying
- Avoid sending money in advance or use any platform like Western Union, MoneyGram...
- Beware of unrealistically low prices
- Do not give personal information (bank details, credit/debit card number)
Tips to stay safe while selling on Jumia
- Always ask a phone number to the buyers who contact you by email and check that it is valid
- Avoid anyone who wants to pay via money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or any other unsafe wire transfer
- Beware of buyers located abroad, Jumia is a 100% local website
- Do not send your item to a buyer before he has fully paid for it
Tips to spot a fraudster
Pay extra attention when:
- The name of the seller or the store is a foreign name
- The phone number does not seem to be local
- The description contains Skype details, prices in foreign currency ($ or € for example)
- The price is too precise. Scammers tend to convert a dollar price to local currency which gives very detailed prices
Each ad is validated manually by our Content team to ensure that you sell & buy safely on Jumia. If you feel like an ad is a scam, please contact us via the "Report post" button. If you feel that a buyer could be a scammer, please contact us immediately via the email address [email protected] or via the "Contact us" form.